As the world’s English experts and as one of the co-creators of the IELTS test, we have combined our expertise in Young Learner English teaching and IELTS preparation to offer you a customized course specifically designed for teenage learners.
We recognize that teenagers face particular challenges when undertaking the IELTS test that might prevent them for getting the score they deserve.
In general teens face more obstacles during the IELTS test as they:
- are less familiar with academic writing processes, structures and conventions
- are not yet autonomous learners and lack self-study strategies
- have less life experience than adults to draw on when speaking or writing about a topic
- are less confident in unfamiliar social settings and unable to keep talking about abstract themes
- lack the academic vocabulary needed to be able to process academic texts and produce successful essays
Prepare for IELTS (International English Language Testing System) with the world’s English experts and you will:
- work systematically towards the score you need to live, work or study around the world by increasing your knowledge of the exam
- develop an increased vocabulary of unfamiliar topics and contexts to allow you to deal better with abstract and unfamiliar topics in academic texts
- build up a stronger awareness of the features of different text types that appear in academic English at university level and beyond, and practice using this knowledge to increase your speaking and writing skills
- learn and practice the different structures used in academic writing and the vocabulary and grammar necessary to convey more precise and accurate meaning in your writing
- practice strategies for all the different skills and tasks in the IELTS exam to ensure that you can be confident on the day of the test
At the end of the course, the students will be well prepared to deal with a range of topics and question types and will have developed the skills to approach academic texts in a principled and effective manner. This course will give your child practise in all four skills whilst also addressing the specific needs that will help them to achieve the score they need in a safe, supportive environment. Find out more about our Child Protection Policy.