The Inclusion, Mobility, and Multilingual Education Conference: Exploring the role of languages for education and development is a new event bringing together the 6th Multilingual Education Conference and the 13th Language and Development Conference (LDC) to address the most up-to-date key issues of language, human mobility, multilingual education and development.
The conference will be held on 24-26 September 2019 in Amari Watergate Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand.
The Inclusion, Mobility, and Multilingual Education Conference will:
- Explore how an open and inclusive multilingual approach, especially in the context of education and wider society, can maximise outcomes and well-being for different groups and for an increasingly mobile population;
- Create links between policy, practice and research on how multilingual approaches can be used to advance (civic) participation, access, and learning for children and adults from marginalised and mobile communities;
- Investigate the role of, and balance between, different languages – local, national, and international – in the context of diverse and mobile populations, and social and educational practice;
- Identify policy priorities for advancing multilingual approaches to social and educational policy-making, learning and development;
- Raise awareness among participants in these key thematic areas
Registration is now open till 31 August 2019
Click here for registration