What are the British Council IELTS scholarships?
British Council IELTS Scholarships are awarded to high-calibre students. These IELTS scholars are committed to networking within the IELTS community and sharing their experience with other IELTS candidates.
The scholarships assist students with the cost of tuition fees. They can help pay fees for any undergraduate or postgraduate programme at a higher institution that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements.
Two students in Taiwan will each receive £2,500.
The top three scholars in the East Asia region* will each receive £25,000.
The awards will go towards the tuition fees of the student’s chosen course. The scholarship is paid directly to the institutions by instalments.
*The East Asia region includes Burma, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
Am I eligible?
You are eligible for the British Council IELTS scholarship if you:
• currently live in Taiwan
• begin undergraduate or postgraduate study in or outside Taiwan in 2014 (academic year)
• attend a higher educational institution that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirement
• can demonstrate how you would communicate the benefits of your study experience with others
• have a valid IELTS score, with a minimum band score of 6 in each of the four components of the test
• have taken your most recent IELTS test at the British Council
• be able to provide an acceptance letter from your university by 27 June 2014.
• Applications are initially reviewed against the above eligibility criteria. They are reviewed by external assessors and British Council officers.
• If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to attend a recorded face-to-face interview, where you will be assessed by a panel of senior managers and external assessors from the higher education and/or corporate sectors in Taiwan.
• Application period: 1 January – 31 May 2014
• Shortlisting: 1–13 June 2014
• Interviews: 16–27 June 2014
• Receipt of acceptance letter from university: 27 June 2014
• Results announced: mid – end July 2014
• Award ceremony: end July – mid August 2014
How to apply
Download and complete the application form below and send it to the British Council Taiwan. Applications must be received by British Council Taiwan no later than 31 May 2014. All applications received after this deadline will not be considered.