IELTS Coach Online is a programme designed to maximise your success on test day by equipping you with the strategies you need to succeed. The British Council is a co-owner of IELTS, so we are ideally placed to help you get the result you deserve. IELTS Coach Online is designed for Intermediate students and above looking to improve their academic performance on the IELTS test.
Here are some reasons why you should choose IELTS Coach Online:
IELTS Coach Online is a flexible IELTS Preparation course which allows you to be in control of your learning:
- Study wherever you like
- A range of lesson times to suit your schedule
- Select which parts of the test you want to focus on
Designed for students who may not have much time but still need effective preparation, IELTS Coach Online offers you the flexibility of choosing not only the parts of the exam you wish to focus upon, but also the lesson day, time and teacher that best suit your needs. You can book and manage your lessons easily via our online booking system (OBS).
Study online from the comfort of your own home through easy-to-use videoconferencing software (Zoom).
Take the full course or choose one or more 18-hour skills-based modules depending on your needs.
IELTS Coach Online will help you focus on the exam strategies you need in order to be successful on the IELTS test:
- Practice question types which will show up on the test
- Each lesson focuses on a specific skill and question type preparing you with techniques so you can succeed in all parts of the exam
- Clear explanations of how techniques relate to what the examiner is looking for. Know how to make the most of your language ability so you can get the highest band you can
- Receive useful links and resources from the teacher through the chat
- Advice on how you can continue to develop your English and exam skills outside of class
You will become familiar with the test format and learn how to approach different sections of the test. Our British Council in-house materials cover all question types and include useful tips for the exam. Cambridge English authentic examination papers will allow you to put these strategies into practice.
- IELTS Coach Online Listening – in this module you will be equipped with listening strategies such as predicting information, identifying synonyms and antonyms and dealing with distracting information, in order to correctly answer all IELTS Listening question types.
- IELTS Coach Online Reading – in this module you will learn how to apply reading skills such as skimming and scanning, and techniques such as identifying synonyms and antonyms to tackle all IELTS Reading question types.
- IELTS Coach Online Writing – in this module you will encounter a comprehensive set of activities to maximise your score on IELTS Writing Task 1 and 2. You will learn how to identify key features and fully respond to the task prompt in order to meet expectations for Task Achievement, as well as improve your grammar and vocabulary.
- IELTS Coach Online Speaking – in this module you will take part in speaking tasks and activities designed to maximise your score across all four assessment criteria: Fluency and Coherence, Lexical Resource, Grammatical Range and Accuracy, and Pronunciation.
You will also have access to a set of complimentary online resources designed specifically for IELTS Coach Online students. An excellent way to review your lessons and extend your learning, these resources will help ensure you get the score you really deserve on the IELTS test.
IELTS Coach Online is delivered by British Council IELTS Experts – British Council qualified teachers who know the test inside out. Your teacher will coach you in applying strategies and techniques which are sure to maximise your IELTS score.
Study with a variety of teachers and classmates from different countries. This will:
- Prepare you for the test where you will hear a variety of English accents
- Simulate a classroom environment typical to university life abroad
How our online classrooms work
Our online classes are just like standard face-to-face classes – you will study the same content and complete the same tasks, but you will communicate via a videoconferencing platform. You will be provided with a link to join the class, and the teacher will admit you when the class is ready to start.
Throughout the lesson, you can communicate with your teacher and classmates using the chat and raise hand functions. For group activities, your teacher will create an online breakout space and will join each group to observe and give feedback.
You will be able to manage your class schedule via our online booking system (OBS).