About the Programme
British Council in Taiwan launches the "Connections through Culture" Grants in 2019. This programme aims to develop exciting cultural collaborations between artists and arts organisations, also to support long-lasting relationships between Taiwan and the UK. Celebrating the diverse cultural scenes in Taiwan and the UK, the programme offers support, information, advice, networking opportunities and development grants to artists and arts organisations. Artists and arts organisations can both benefit from the inspiration gained from exchanging ideas and sharing their cultural history. The "Connections through Culture" Grants is organised by British Council in Taiwan with supports from the National Culture and Arts Foundation.
Prior to Covid-19, funding was provided for international travel to further face-to-face discussions needed to develop projects beyond initial expressions of interest between two partners. However, with current travel restrictions and continued uncertainty, the 2020-2021 grants are now used to support online collaboration projects between Taiwan and the UK.
- Collaboration Grants are offered to support online projects between Taiwan and the UK. To encourage more innovative and creative collaborations and works during these challenging times due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the value of each grant for the Round 5 has been increased to £3,200 (or equivalent monetary value in Taiwan Dollars) per project.
- The grant should be used to develop and strengthen new and existing relationships between the UK and Taiwan for new digital/online networking and art and cultural projects through various conversation or different platforms.
- Grants are offered to artists / organisations working in the following areas including drama, dance, visual arts, literature, film, music, architecture, design, and fashion.
Round 5: "Connections through Culture" grant
- Open for Application: 5 January 2021
- Application Closing Date: 26 January 2021 (23:59 UK time)
- Results out: by end of February 2021
- Grant value: £3,200 (or equivalent monetary value in Taiwan Dollars)
The online collaborations/projects will need to be completed between March to September 2021. Each applicant (organisation) will be required to share feedback on their online collaborations/projects afterwards.
For more information, please download the "notes for applicants " document at our "Download" section.
Please complete the online application form here according to the "open for application" date and upload your CV and a letter of support from a confirmed host arts organisation or artist.
Please contact us via email if you have any questions.
British Council reserves right to further changes.