English for Teens Ages 13-17: Be Ready for the Future
Your child will study from a competency-based course running throughout the academic year, which focuses on helping learners in their development of grammar, vocabulary, functions, pronunciation and exam-taking skills through appropriate communicative tasks.
1. Communication and Problem Solving
Our students will continue to develop their listening, speaking, reading and writing skills, while also learning how to think logically and critically by defining causal relationships, looking for clues, sequencing, analysing and comparing and contrasting.
2. Creative and Cross-cultural Thinking
Through learning about the history and what currently goes on in different parts of our world, our students will develop a global sense that will allow them to think with a broader perspective.
3. Visual Literacy
The 21st century is increasingly image, media and technology driven. We aim for our students to be able to use all kinds of different media throughout their lifelong journey of knowledge and discovery.
4. Skills for Real Life
We believe that no matter young or old, English should be learned for use in real life, not just as a school subject. Students will apply what they've learned in class to develop individual or team "projects" that they can take home or show you on our "Invite A Parent" Day.
When your child has completed this course, they will:
- be better prepared for English at school level
- be able to express ideas more clearly
- be able to recognise and practise letters, sounds and sentence stress for good pronunciation
- possess enhanced fluency in speaking and writing through a variety of fun tasks
- have developed basic social skills
As parents, you will always be connected to your child’s learning progress with regular meetings and reports.