Present Yourself - In English. Clearly, confidently and impressively.
In our globalised world, effective communication skills are becoming increasively important for success in all aspects of life. Our course focuses on developing the communications skills that will give teenagers the confidence to take advantage of the wide range of opportunities they encounter in life to present their experiences, knowledge, ideas and opinions.
Following a process approach, this course emphasizes the step-by-step decisions and tasks that are involved in planning, composing and delivering an effective presentation, including:
- Selecting a topic
- Acquiring useful language for the chosen topic
- Brainstorming ideas for engaging content
- Organizing ideas into an outline
- Adding impact with a strong introduction and conclusion
- Enhancing the presentation with relevant physical and verbal techniques.
The main goal of this course aims to provide students with a readily transferable set of skills they can use to give effective presentations on a range of topics in a variety of situations, so that in the end, they can convey a message clearly and persuasively to an audience academically, socially and personally.