Play．Imagine．Create．Share: Design your own English board game to take home and play with family and friends!
This winter holiday, our professional and experienced teachers have designed a course that will to learn through play as they start from learning about and remembering new vocabulary and language in their fact and ficton readers, test run a variety of different popular board games, and finally design and create a unique board game that they can play with their classmates, and take home to show family and friends!
Your child will practice both lower-level and higher-level thinking skills as they use the knowledge they have gained to:
- Create their own original work
- Evaluate their classmates' board games
- Test out different ideas for their game before agreeing on a final product
- Apply their understanding of the new language they have learnt through their game design
- Understand as they explain to their class how to play their game
- Remember new language and skills
Your child will learn to :
- Consolidate and personalise new language they have learnt by using it in a practical, creative and fun way as they choose interesting facts in their readers to put in their board game as elements or question cards.
- Practice and use language for a real purpose - to create a board game and explain how it works to others while they play their personalized game board with classmates and teachers not only leads to high motivation and genuine cooperation, but also allows your child to largely practice topic-related, interactional and transactional language.
- Brainstorm, make decisions, experiment with different ideas, plan and organize their game with other classmates under the close guidance and supervision from their teacher.