British Council Urban Futures Program
British Council has launched the arts program “Urban Futures” since early 2018 across North-East Asia, including Taiwan, Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong and China. “Urban Futures” program aims to foster greater inclusion and innovation in cities through the arts. In Taiwan, we support cross-art institutions and practitioners to explore how art can make our cities more open, dynamic, inclusive and fit for the future. Our program themes focus on "Art & Social Activism", "Art, Science & Digital Innovation", "Art & Disability" and "Art & Ageing".
In April 2019, as part of the “Art & Inclusion” programme, British Council in Taiwan collaborates with National Taichung Theater and Kaohsiung Spring Arts Festival to showcase "The Nature of Forgetting" produced by the London-based international ensemble Theatre Re. "The Nature of Forgetting" was part of British Council Edinburgh Showcase 2017 and a sell-out run at the 2017 London International Mime Festival, Theatre Re presents a powerful, explosive and joyous piece, combining physical theatre with a live musical score, about what is left when memory is gone.
Presented in association with Glynis Henderson Productions.
2019 KSAF (Kaohsiung Spring Arts Festival)
- Dates: Saturday, 20 April; 19:30 / Sunday, 21 April; 14:30
- Location：Kaohsiung Dadong Arts Center, Exhibition Hall (No.161, Guang Yuan Rd.,FengShan District , Kaohsiung City 830, Taiwan)
- Please download the programme (in PDF) here
- Click here to purchase the tickets
2019 NTT-TIFA, Taichung
- Dates: Saturday, 27 April; 14:30 and 19:30 / Sunday, 28 April; 14:30
- Location: Playhouse, National Performing Arts Center, National Taichung Theater (40756 No. 101, Sec. 2, Huilai Rd.,Xitun District, Taichung City)
- Tickets are on sale now. Please click here to purchase tickets (the site is in Chinese)
- Visit the event hompage for more information