About the Programme
British Council in Taiwan launches the "Connections through Culture" Grants in 2019. This progamme aims to develop exciting cultural collaborations between artists and arts organisations, also to support long-lasting relationships between Taiwan and the UK. Celebrating the diverse cultural scenes in Taiwan and the UK, the programme offers support, information, advice, networking opportunities and development grants to artists and arts organisations. Artists and arts organisations can both benefit from the inspiration gained from exchanging ideas and sharing their cultural history. The "Connections through Culture" Grants is organised by British Council in Taiwan with supports from the National Culture and Arts Foundation.
- Value of each grant is set at £2,500 (or equivalent monetary value in Taiwan Dollars) per project. A limited number of small grants to enable artists or members of arts organisations to visit their counterparts in Taiwan or the UK for a limited period of time, to develop projects, exchange skills or see others' work. Grants are offered four times each year.
- Grants are offered to artists / organisations working in the following areas including drama, dance, visual arts, literature, film, music, architecture, design and fashion.
Round 3: "Connections through Culture" Grants
- Open for Application: 30 December, 2019
- Application Closing Date: 2 February, 2020
- Results out: 2 March, 2020
The grant will be used to support the exchange between April to June 2020. Each applicant (organisation) will be required to share feedback on their visit.
Round 4: "Connections through Culture" Grants
- Open for Application: 30 March, 2020
- Application Closing Date: 3 May, 2020
- Results out: 1 June, 2020
The grant will be used to support the exchange between July to September 2020. Each applicant (organisation) will be required to share feedback on their visit.
Round 5: "Connections through Culture" Grants
For more information, please download the "notes to applicants" document at our "Download" section.
Please complete the online application form here according to the "open for application" date and upload your CV and a letter of support from a confirmed host arts organisation or artist.
Please contact us via email if you have any questions.
British Council reserves right to further changes.